Comprehensive Eye Exams
Excel Optometry provides comprehensive eye exams, including testing your vision, looking for any signs of inflammation or disease, and ensuring your eyes are healthy. Generally, we recommend our patients schedule an eye exam annually to help detect disease early, renew prescriptions and ensure overall eye health.
What to Expect During Your Eye Exam
During your eye exam, we will conduct the following tests to ensure your vision is clear and your eyes are healthy. These include:
- Visual acuity test. Using an eye chart, we’ll measure how sharp your vision is during your exam.
- Color vision. We’ll also check for color blindness, which is a simple test done with a chart.
- Cover test. Your eye doctor will ask you to cover your eye to rule out eye problems that could cause eye strain.
- Ocular motility. During this test, we’ll examine your eye movements to ensure proper vision. We may also test your depth perception.
- Retinoscopy. This is the test where we dim the lights and ask you to look at a chart while changing lenses in front of your eye. This helps us determine the right prescription for your contact lenses or glasses. This test is typically followed by a refraction test, during which you’re asked to identify which lens is clearer to determine the right prescription.
- Glaucoma test. Your eye doctor will also test for glaucoma by measuring the pressure in your eyes using a puff of air.
We also look for eye disorders such as macular degeneration and even signs of diabetes, which can affect the blood vessels of your eyes. Your eye doctor may also dilate your eyes to get a better look at the back of your eye and retina. Once we have the results, we’ll review them with you and come up with a treatment plan, if necessary.
Schedule an Exam With an Eye Doctor Today
Schedule a comprehensive eye exam with an eye doctor at Excel Optometry today by calling us at (949) 429-3333. You can also use our online contact form to request an appointment!